Friday 13 July 2007

Really, really cold feet. First grisaille

I got such cold feet that I decided to rethink the whole concept of going back to painting as therapy as thought in the beginning. I am not going to post too many details what went through my mind but in short: there will be a change of plan. I am going back to what I know how to do well- painting icons and in the meanwhile I will experiment with being a painter. I do not have the nessesary drive as Paul (http://www.learningtosee.co.uk/) to immerse myself in it fully. In the end I am a conservator and this is what I love best! I would love to have the opportunity to get BACK to conservation but while this IF BS (That's for the sworn to secresy ladies) lasts I will try and be creative. I do not want to get discouraged (don't need this emotion at the moment) so I am going to stick with the icons.

I did my first grisaille little paiting today. Or just the intial stage after this http://forum.portraitartist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=794 and I must say it produces rather satisfying results. Remember I concider myself "color lame". Nut sure such expression exists, but here you go. My bulgarian addition to the English language.

I shall post it later when I figure out how to do it.

No comments: