Friday 6 July 2007

Preparations

Still having cold feet, but getting better. As my DH said- "there is nothing which you can't do when you have set your mind to do it". I asked if that was a compliment, or observation. He said : "an observation", I replyed : "Thank you for the compliment.". That was so uplifting.

I have gessoed my hardboards with simple acrilic gesso. I've decided not to use the canvas I brought from Bulgaria. Stretching it and painting on it would have been more stressful for me as I would have thought that I had to produce some " Chédeuvre artistique" and that would have frustrated me even further. So I'd better leave it aside for now.

I keep getting my inspiration from Paul's website http://www.learning-to-see.co.uk/ and waiting for him to reply to my last 2 emails......I hope he is not finding me intruding.

Here's a website which confirmed to me that there was nothing wrong with me or my aversion to painting but how bad my teachers were. http://www.linesandcolors.com/2006/08/05/frank-reilly/

I hope to find some instructions on how to proceed in the way Paul has because I like being methodical and I know that there aren't many steps one can miss along the way.

My books from Amazon haven't arrived. Getting anxious.

No comments: