Wednesday 18 July 2007

Pics

Hello to all who have been reading my bloggie. I finaly came around to transfering the pictures from my camera to my PC so here they are.

Here I've painted a robin using just titanium white and burnt umber. This style of painting is called " grisaille". I am pleased with the result but have decided to leave it like that as I think the "colouring" will ruin it. I have drawn the robin from a picture taken by my brother-in-law who is a keen birdwatcher and a photographer. http://www.blueskybirds.co.uk/ If you want to use some of his pictures for non comercial use, please feel free to contact him. Otherwise he will be more than happy to sell you an image. He is very much against piracy on the net. That's why I am using only his pictures as I hope to sell some of paintings in the futute. He assured me that birdwatchers know almost all of the published images and I don't want to get into copyright troubles.

Enough talking, here's the robin.






From what I've read what is important for a good old masters' grisaille is that the light comes from a single source and this picture was ideal for that.


Right. So here's my second attempt. The original picture is just beautiful. Here is the unfinished painting of a bird, I think it's a finch but I am not sure.
You can see that I am a bit cautios but not as precious as with the robin. I think that most of the bird paitings will work best in alla prima but I feel more confident this way. I shall see how things will turn out in the fiture.




It looks a bit " dry" but it is still unfinished. I do not like photorealism but I enjoy trying it on these pics.

My next one will be a lovely dog for a change. I have a beautiful picture.

No comments: